When you travel, you should make sure that you go wherever you are going without too much baggage. Yes, I am talking about physical baggage and emotional baggage as well. You should check your luggage into the plane, or you should actually take smaller suitcases into the airplane cabin with you. Most good airlines will indeed allow at least one or two items when it comes to cabin luggage, and for this, they will not add any extra costs at all. There are actually so many pros and cons of travelling with fewer luggages, and I have actually talked about all of them in this guide.
- When you take more bags, you will find that you will not have to pay the extra bag fees because if you are travelling in the holiday seasons especially, the airlines will see it as an excuse to charge you way more money than they usually charge. For longer flights, airlines have actually been known to charge way more money because they label it “extra weight.” In flights like Emirates, they give you 15 kilograms per suitcase, and if your bag is more than that, you will have to pay more money, or you will have to transfer some items to your cabin luggage.
- To avoid all of this hassle, all you will have to do is travel light. You can also be in peace if you do. You also do not have to lug a big suitcase around, wherever you go. In so many ways, travelling with fewer luggages is definitely a great thing.
- Lugging huge bags will always be a total pain in the butt. Especially when you have to take the public transport in big cities like London, where we literally had to lug 4-5 big suitcases in the London Tube on our way to the airport. We actually had to lug them in places where there were no stairs. Even though I love the city, the suitcases were heavy, and it made me wish there were lifts everywhere.
- You will also experience a way faster check-in at the airport. Just imagine not having to endure very long queues just to check-in your bag. Imagine just going through security with your light carry-on and flying through quickly to your gate, where you can enjoy a nice bagel with some cream cheese and a hot cup of coffee.
- All that being said, do not leave out the essentials when you travel because you will undoubtedly need them. Make sure that you don’t have to buy them on the go.
- You also don’t have to wait in those crowded place near the conveyer belts that will bring your suitcases after the plane lands.